Are you ready for some football? Whether you are a die-hard Patriots fan or you’re pulling for the Falcons from Atlanta, one thing we can all agree on is the food. Did you know that the average fan eats about a day’s worth of calories during the game? In hopes you will take a healthier approach this year, we have put together a list of tips and recipes to help keep you and your heart feeling nice and healthy.
Tips for the win:
- Kick off with a main course. Fill your body with a healthy meal and you will snack less overall throughout the game.
- Don’t put the healthy snacks on the sideline. Include a fruit and vegetable tray for smart snacking throughout the game.
- Take a timeout and grab some water. Water will help move along digestion and fight the sodium and carb bloat that you may encounter.
- Before blitzing toward the chips and dip, switch out the queso for salsa. This simple switch will be extremely lower in calories and fats.
- Don’t be defeated by desserts. Prepare into smaller portions and enjoy. Instead of cutting your pan of brownies into the traditional 12 servings, cut into smaller servings of 24.
Winning dip picks:
- Black Bean
- Veggie Tray
- Fruit Bowl
- Tossed Salad
Don’t be blindsided by the food coma this Super Bowl. Keep these healthy tips in mind when preparing your Super Bowl menu for your guests. Let the game begin!