With Halloween behind us and Thanksgiving approaching quickly, it seems like every time you turn around there are tasty treats and temptations. While it is important to maintain a healthy diet, it’s also important to enjoy the Holidays and all the food that come with them.
Here are the top five reasons for weight gain in November and December:
- Many social events – All of which include food and drinks and much more dessert and candy compared to other times of the year.
- Less sleep – Due to social events mentioned above less time for rest and more added stress!
- Less daylight – With the sun going down earlier, less time for activity after 5:00 p.m.
- Colder weather – Food choices are different (More mashed potatoes, Less Salad = increased calories)
- Emotions – Stress, money, traveling, out of town guests and change in routine all add extra stress.
Even with all these obstacles it’s still possible to enjoy your favorite Holiday meals while keeping off the extra weight. Join us on November 8th, 2012, as Registered and Licensed Dietician Tarie Beldin will put healthy spins on your favorite Thanksgiving traditional foods such as side dishes and desserts. Click here for more information. We hope to see you there!
Health and Wellness Coordinator
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center