- Recognition by one of the leading accrediting agencies in the United States.
- Comprehensive Stroke Centers offer the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic region.
- The hospital has met the nation’s highest standards in stroke care, an accomplishment that is a genuine team effort.
- The hospital can provide services such as neurosurgery, neurocritical care and endovascular therapies for cerebrovascular diseases.
- The level of certification determines where EMS providers will transport patients for the most appropriate medical care within state health department guidelines.
- DNV Healthcare is the only hospital accreditation program approved by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that integrates the ISO 9001 Quality Management System with the Medicare Conditions of Participation. DNV’s National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations (NIAHO) accreditation program requires hospitals to evaluate the continuum of patient care and take measured steps to improve, if warranted.
- The DNV Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification incorporates elements from its NIAHO hospital accreditation standards, as well as requirements from the Guidelines of the Brain Attack Coalition and Recommendations of the American Stroke Association.
- In order to earn and maintain a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification, the hospital must participate in the Medicare program and be in compliance with the conditions of participation, which may be demonstrated by maintaining accreditation with DNV or another CMS-approved accreditation organization.
- The hospital will be visited annually to monitor the hospital’s adherence to patient safety criteria established by CMS and to evaluate processes that impact patient care across various departments and facilities of the hospital.
Congratulations to St. David’s Medical Center and NeuroTexas Institute on this outstanding accomplishment!
DNV Healthcare Inc. is based in Cincinnati, Ohio, and is a part of Det Norske Veritas, a global independent foundation dedicated to safeguarding life, property and the environment. For more information about DNV Healthcare and its NIAHO hospital accreditation program, visit DNVAccreditation.com.