Mama Fu’s Asian House, with four locations in Austin, one location in Sunset Valley and one location in Georgetown is all about “fresh, fresh, fresh” and healthy, healthy, healthy. Offering dine-in, take-out and delivery and catering, and all of their menu items are made-to-order. Mama Fu’s also offers low-sodium, gluten-free and vegan items, and several items are now approved by the St. David’s HealthCare Healthy Dining Program.
The following items are approved menu items:
- Steamed edamame (with no salt added)
- Fresh basil spring rolls (without the dipping sauce)
- Steamed bowl with chicken and brown rice (sauce not included)
- Ginger sesame salad with chicken
(*Sauce options are: low-sodium soy sauce and gluten-free soy sauce)
In addition to the above items, Mama Fu’s offers ancient words of wisdom that should serve as a mantra for any healthy diner:
- Go gluten-free by substituting our new Mama Fu’s Gluten Free-Sauce* on almost any dish.
- Lighten up any rice dish, noodle bowl or salad by requesting your chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu be prepared wok-seared (cooked in broth).
- Brown rice options on any dish.
- Pile on the veggies. Try broccoli, red bell pepper, yellow onions, green beans, carrots, snap peas, bean sprouts, spinach and cabbage.
- Go green! Add a garden salad made of mixed field greens topped with carrots, tomatoes and wonton chips. (Ask for any of our dressing choices on the side).
- Calorie counting? Request a portion of your entrée “to go.”
The House has spoken, so take your wiser self to one of their many area locations today, and start the path to becoming a stronger and healthier you.
- Mama Fu’s― Austin – mamafus.com
- located at 100 Colorado St.
- 4615 N. Lamar Blvd.
- 9600 S. IH-35
- 11301 Lakeline Blvd.
- Mama Fu’s―located at 5400 Brodie Lane in Sunset Valley – mamafus.com
- Mama Fu’s―located at 1003 West University Ave. in Georgetown – mamafus.com
Orders can be placed either over the phone or online by visiting https://orders.mamafus.com
–St. David’s HealthCare Healthy Dining Program